top of page
Dashr | Blue
Operating the 3/4 Court Dash Drill
The 3/4 Court Dash is a time/speed measure from point A to point B with an optional 10 yd split for basketball specific testing. Note that this drill uses a moving start and requires 2 timing gates.
Operation here is the same as the flying drill. We use a moving start as opposed to a static dash start here so that we can get an accurate 2-point stance start. We added this drill to our system for organizing your results on the Dashboard.
- Install batteries in each laser you plan to use.
- Install/open the Dashr app on your phone or tablet. (Create an account here if you have not already)
- Register each laser in the app - Navigate to the "Device Registration" button at the bottom, power on the lasers one at a time and select them from the "Available" list and assign them a number. Write that number on your laser. (This only has to be done the first time you use the laser with this phone/tablet)
- Return to the home menu, go to "Sport Collections" at the top, select Basketball, then select 3/4 Court.
- Screw each laser onto a tripod. Under standard use, you should use taller tripods for all lasers and reflectors so that the beam is around hip height. For visual instructions of attaching lasers and reflectors to tripod and setting up the gate, please check out Laser & Reflector Set-up.
- Screw a reflector onto a matching tripod and position laser and reflectors across from each other (~6 ft) to create a line to pass through. Place finish laser at the 3/4 court mark (top of opposite key), with an optional 10 yd split in between - to better understand how your athlete is accelerating and to have the option to run an Epley Advantage Index Report.
- With the lasers on, select the appropriate laser from the drop-down menu and press the "Connect" button. If it does not work the first time, repeat.
- Distances are hard coded for this drill.
- Once all devices are connected, press the "Start Testing" button.
- Check in the appropriate athlete (details here) - optional.
- With QuickRun on, move through the starting gate to begin timing (time will turn blue - indicating that timing is taking place), and you get a result when you cross the next gate.
- With QuickRun off (option in settings) you will see “Set” and “Reset” buttons to give you control of when a test starts. Press "Set" once the athlete is ready to take off. Press "Reset" to clear the time for the next athlete.
Visit our forum for additional details, FAQs, and specifics on drills - all on a searchable platform where you can also ask questions and share experiences.
bottom of page