Table of Contents:
- What information do we collect and for what purpose?
- Sharing your information.
- Your choices about your information.
- How we store and protect your information.
- User Content.
- Children’s privacy.
- Links to other web sites and services.
- How to contact us.
- Information security.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
We collect a variety of personal information about our users so that we can provide our Service. We do our best to be as transparent as possible about our data practices and to provide you choices about how your data is used when possible. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Registration and profile information collected when you join the Service. We may collect personal information such as a username, first and last name, birth date, phone number, email address, and other contact information when you register for a Dashr account, or if you correspond with us. We may collect billing information if you sign up for premium services or if you make a payment to Dashr.
- Data collected through the use of the Service. After you set up your account, you may be able to provide additional information which may be shared through your public profile, such as your height, weight, photograph and/or video and other biographical or personal information (“Profile Information”), and information about your athletic performance or information relating to your team, league, or organization. Profile Information may be provided by a third-party, such as a coach, event manager or Organization, or it may be provided by you directly. We also collect information about how you and your Organization use the Service and data you input.
- Information we collect from social networks. We may receive information about you when you interact with our sites through various social media, for example, by logging in through or liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary adjust, your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Dashr Service.
- Monitoring user activity. We may, at our discretion, monitor the communications that take place on our Service, such as recruiter messaging, in order to protect our users and monitor the effectiveness of our Service. You acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy with respect to any such communications or postings, and you expressly consent to such monitoring.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features of the Service. We may use this information to communicate with you, such as to send you email messages, opt-in text messages, and push notifications and to permit other users of the Service to contact you. You can control your receipt of email and other messaging by visiting the removing yourself from the subscriber list. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt-out of Service-related emails. For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or app or use our Service. For instance, when you visit our website we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information about your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third-party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification number associated with your device (“Device ID”), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
We may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
Third-party Tracking and Online Advertising. We may permit third-party ad networks, social media companies, and other third-party services to collect information about browsing behavior from visitors to our Service through cookies, social plugins, or other tracking technology. We may permit third-party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites or services. Typically, the information is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
3. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices About Your Information” section below.
Remember, our Service allows you to connect with others and share information about yourself with other individuals and organizations. Your profile information, including your name and other personal information, along with performance data and biometrics may be available publicly to other members of the Service and may be searchable by search engines which display certain of your information publicly. Also, remember that Dashr provides some of its Services for third parties such as Organizations and combine or event managers. These third parties have their own data collection and use policies that Dashr does not control. Please review the privacy policies of any third-party organization before sharing your personal information with that Organization.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership at Dashr. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this policy;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, billing, payment processing, content or service fulfillment, or providing analytic services;
- Business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us;
- The public. Any information that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service is viewable by other users and the public. You may be able to control some elements of data sharing through your privacy Settings.
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third-party or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Dashr, our Users, or others.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You control your account information and communications preferences. You may update your account information and communication preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your account settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt-out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Privacy Settings. Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any information that you make public may be searchable by other Users, may be accessible via API(s), and viewable on search engines. You may be able to restrict some of this public sharing by visiting your privacy settings on the Service or by limiting the type of data in your profile. Changing your privacy settings will not have any effect on information that was previously shared through the Service. Remember that even if you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
How long we keep your information. Following termination or deactivation of your User account, Dashr may retain your profile information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others on the Service or with social media sites. Please also be aware that we may be able to delete data about you that was provided by another user or by an Organization (for example, if an Organization lists your name and player statistics on a team roster, it will not be deleted). If you are an Organization, we are not able to delete information you provided about other users, such as statistics or records, once that information has been shared with other users on the Service.
5. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe. Dashr cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Dashr will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. USER CONTENT
Through the Dashr Service, users have the ability to upload and share user content, including but not limited to:
- Personal Information (e.g., first and last name, age, gender, positions)
- School Information (e.g., school name, year lettered, honors/awards)
- Physical Measures (e.g., height, weight)
With exception to first and last name, all of the above user content is voluntary. By submitting any such content, other users may be able to view that content by viewing your profile. Additionally, such user content may be accessed by Dashr for inclusion in the Dashr Newsletter.
You may change or remove any such content at any time by logging into your profile and choosing to edit your settings. Changing or deleting any user content does not affect previously-shared user content, or content that may have been archived.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Dashr Service has applications to user of all ages. We will not knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. With parental consent, we may collect information from children under the age of 13 for any voluntarily-disclosed user content (see “User Content” above).
Regardless of what is displayed or submitted, parents can revoke their consent and ask that information about their children be hidden or, in some cases, deleted, by contacting Dashr. To comply with such a request, we must verify the identity of the requesting parent. When a parent revokes consent, we will stop knowingly collecting, using or disclosing information from that child. To respect the privacy of parents, information that is collected and used for the sole purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing notice is not maintained in retrievable form by the site if parental consent is not obtained after a reasonable time.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Our Service may integrate with or contain links to other third-party sites and services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third-party websites or services embedded in, linked to, or linked from the Service and your interactions with any third-party website or service are subject to that third-party’s own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible for and we do not have any control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your information, including the Organizations you interact with on our Service.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
10. INFORMATION SECURITY
Dashr is committed to privacy and security. Examples of Dashr’s security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; sophisticated security monitoring tools; documented security policies; use of strong encryption for transmissions of Order Information to and from Drillstack Customers; restricting access to personally identifiable information; and, periodic security audits by third-party security experts.
Updated August 9, 2018.