The 505 Agility test is a test of 180 degree turning ability. The test may also be adapted for sport specific testing by having the subject dribble a soccer ball or hockey puck though the course, or bounce a basketball. This drill uses a moving start and requires 1 timing gate.
- Install batteries in each laser you plan to use.
- Install/open the Dashr app on your phone or tablet. (Create an account here if you have not already)
- Register each laser in the app – Navigate to the “Device Registration” button at the bottom, power on the lasers one at a time and select them from the “Available” list and assign them a number. Write that number on your laser. (This only has to be done the first time you use the laser with this phone/tablet)
- Return to the home menu and select 505 Agility Test.
- Screw the laser onto a taller tripod, positioned so that the beam is around hip height.
- Screw a reflector onto a matching tripod and position laser and reflectors across from each other (~6 ft) to create a line to pass through.
- With the laser on, select the appropriate laser from the drop-down menu and press the “Connect” button. If it does not work the first time, repeat.
- Once all devices are connected, press the “Start Testing” button.
- Check in the appropriate athlete (details here) – optional.
- With QuickRun on, move through the starting gate to begin timing (time will turn blue – indicating that timing is taking place), and you get a result when you cross the gate again.
- With QuickRun off (option in settings) you will see “Set” and “Reset” buttons to give you control of when a test starts. Press “Set” once the athlete is ready to take off. Press “Reset” to clear the time for the next athlete.