This drill uses 4 Dashr|Blue Timing gates and 2 React modules. You likely already have your devices registered, if not – please check out the Reactive Agility Test as it details both the Blue lasers and the React modules and that set-up is similar to this QB drill.
- To set-up this drill you will have a starting gate and then a trigger gate (split laser) set-up in the drop-back. Crossing this trigger gate will turn on one of the React modules at random.
- Set-up two nets (NOT INCLUDED) as throwing targets. This example is left and right, but they could be short vs. long pass, etc.
- Set-up left and right “stop lasers” just behind the respective nets so that when a football hits the net, the net will cross the laser/break the beam.
- To get to the QB Reactive Agility drill go to Sport Collections > Football > QB Reactive Agility.
- Power on all the lasers and React modules, and connect them one at a time.
- Once all devices are connected, press “Start Testing”.
Running The Drill
- Check in the appropriate athlete (details here) – optional.
- Have the football or the athlete in the starting gate. After blocking the laser for 3 sec you will get a “GO” message, indicating that the system is ready and the QB can move when they are ready.
- Simulate hiking the ball – or have them under center with the ball in the laser – and performing their drop-back (3 or 5 step depending on the routes/drill).
- When they cross the trigger/split laser you will get a time on the app and either the left of right React module will turn on.
- QB should throw to the corresponding target, upon hitting the target the net will cross the stop laser and a final time will be presented.