The Dash is a time/speed measure from point A to point B with optional splits in-between. Note that Dash uses a stationary start and requires 2 timing gates.
- Install batteries in each laser you plan to use.
- Install/open the Dashr app on your phone or tablet. (Create an account here if you have not already)
- Register each laser in the app – Navigate to the “Device Registration” button at the bottom, power on the lasers one at a time and select them from the “Available” list and assign them a number. Write that number on your laser. (This only has to be done the first time you use the laser with this phone/tablet)
- Return to the home menu and select the Dash drill.
- Screw each laser onto a tripod. For 3-point stance starts, use a mini tripod. For visual instructions of attaching lasers and reflectors to tripod and setting up the gate, please check out Laser & Reflector Set-up.
- Screw a reflector onto a matching tripod and position laser and reflectors across from each other (~6 ft) to create a line to pass through. Place finish laser within 120 yards of the start laser, with optional splits in between.
- With the lasers on, select the appropriate laser from the drop-down menu and press the “Connect” button. If it does not work the first time, repeat.
- Enter in the distance for each laser when possible, this allows for speed calculations. (Imperial and metric unit toggle at the bottom)
- Once all devices are connected, press the “Start Testing” button.
- Check in the appropriate athlete (details here) – optional.
- With QuickRun on, block the start laser until you get the “GO!” message. Leave the laser when you want, and you get a result when you cross the next gate.
- With QuickRun off (option in settings) you will see “Set” and “Reset” buttons to give you control of when a test starts. Press “Set” once the athlete is in the laser and ready to take off. Press “Reset” to clear the time for the next athlete.
For 2-point starts we typically suggest using the Flying drill. See demonstrative video below.