top of page
Dashr | Jump
Operating the Broad Jump
The Standing long jump, also called the Broad Jump, is a test of explosive leg power. It is one of the fitness tests in the NFL Combine and was also once an event at the Olympic Games. When using Dashr|Jump hardware for this test you can electronically perform this test with an accuracy of 0.01 in. You can also manually enter jump measurements into the Dashr app.
- In the package you received there is a Jump module, USB battery, power cord, mounting bracket with ball joint, clipboard, white stickers, mini tripod + ball joint, and a user/installation manual.
- Note that your manual may not have updated device registration instructions for the new app - the instructions below cover these changes.
- When using Dashr|Jump for the broad jump, screw the ball joint onto the mini tripod, then the Jump module onto the ball joint. Plug the power cord into the USB battery, and then into the Jump module. Press the button on the side of the battery if it does not turn on automatically.
- Install/open the Dashr app on your phone or tablet. (Create an account here if you have not already)
- Register your jump in the app - Navigate to the "Device Registration" button at the bottom, power on the Jump device and select it from the "Available" list and assign it a number. Write that number on your device. (This only has to be done the first time you use the Jump device with this phone/tablet)
- Return to the home menu and select Broad Jump.
- When using Dashr|Jump, select "Device Assisted". If manually entering jump data, select "Manual Entry".
- With the Jump module on, select the number you assigned it (in registration) from the drop-down menu and press the "Connect" button. If it does not work the first time, repeat.
- Once all devices are connected, press the "Start Testing" button.
- Use the align toggle (arrow) to make sure your device is shooting parallel with the ground in line with the direction your athletes are jumping. Adjust the ball joint as necessary (loosen then tighten the knob on the side) if it needs to be realigned.
- Calibrate the device by placing the clipboard on the line where the athletes are jumping from (use the alignment toggle if necessary), and press “Baseline”. This will measure the distance the device is from the starting point of the jump.
- Check in the appropriate athlete (details here) - optional but suggested for this drill.
- Have the athlete perform their broad jump in parallel with the Jump module laser. Then place the clipboard in (line with the laser) on their back heel. Then press “Jump”. You will get a broad jump distance - hit the “Save” button to save it.
- Repeat this last step for each athlete you test.
Visit our forum for additional details, FAQs, and specifics on drills - all on a searchable platform where you can also ask questions and share experiences.
bottom of page